Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Aisha

Who is she?  My playmate?  My Toy?   Yes...definitely...yes!
But there is more you know...Her name in the Arabic tongue means 
LIFE
Here is the truth...(spoken in a whisper)...She saves me.
I am always falling. 
...Falling off rocks...falling on my knees...falling from life
And I am always losing. 
...Losing my man...losing my soul...losing my way
And she is always there...always 
Who is she?  My Soul-mate?  My Joy?   Yes... definitely...yes! 
But there is more you know...Her name in our native tongue means
LOVE

2 comments:

  1. Your poem stirred that warmed my heart in ways no one but the two of you are able... I look bac and see the two of you little girls together... always together, I can't see one without the other. And now you've grown into such remarkable women full of strength, beauty, wisdom and Love. Our love as sisters is so special... thank you for writing this lovely poem for Aisha Shawn, thank you so much. I love you both intensely. k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops... well, you stirred "memories", wonderful exquisit memories of a time I cherish

    ReplyDelete